We are very happy to announce the launch of Engage Connect and Empower Youth via Books (ECEYB), a project created by young people for young people. The project is co-funded by the European Union as a part of the European Solidarity Corps.
Stay tuned to see what activities our project has in store for you!
The main goal of the project is to increase the accessibility of children and young people from rural areas to the world of books, to the world of reading. Together with the volunteers of this project, we propose to carry out the project in several communities in the country, where book collection campaigns will be organized and then, donations to children from the rural areas, in collaboration with local schools.
Why is the ECEYB project important?
1. Facilitates young people’s access to education and culture, promoting equal opportunities.
2. Instill the love for reading in young people.
3. Help rural youth own their own books or even their first book.
4. Contributes to protecting the environment by reusing books. We want to reuse the books that many people no longer want to keep and want to donate, giving them to young people who cannot afford to buy books.
5. Create solidarity between young people themselves and between young people and the wider community. As this is a project created by young people for young people, we are raising awareness about staying connected and looking for solutions to the needs of young people in the community.
6. 2022 is the first year in which Romania introduces the National Lecture Day, on February 15. With our project we want to support this National Day and encourage reading among young people by ensuring young people’s access to books.