The project R.U.R.A.L.- Rural Unity for Rural Active Leaders, aims at enabling and enhancing participation to democratic, social and political life of young people living in rural areas, by engaging and empowering youth organizations. Project’s idea is inspired by the EU Youth Strategy 2019-2027 and its Goals, without forgetting the principles promoted by the European Green Deal and the New European Bauhaus.
The objectives’ achievements are going to be fulfilled implementing four main activities, namely one workshop on EU policy in the field of political strategies, values and governance, one training for strengthening the capacity of youth organizations to participate in EU programmes, and one Simulation for young people of rural areas.
1. To promote and develop more transnational structured cooperation, online and offline, between different youth organizations, building and strengthening supportive and inclusive partnerships for democratic participation in order to approach more closely EU Funds and Programmes.
2. To encourage and equip young people with the necessary resources to become active citizens, agents of solidarity and positive change in their communities inspired by EU values and a European identity.
1. Improving knowledge of EU’s strategies for promoting effective use of EU programmes and funds to small and grassroots youth organizations operating in rural contexts.
2. Strengthening capacities of youth organizations in rural areas even and mostly atthe grassroots level, to be able to expand the involvement of young people in their
activities, acting as a mirror for youth representation
3. Providing theoretical and practical tools on EU programs, policies and initiatives to small youth organizations in order to foster their capability of participation and
engagement with EU instruments.
4. Promoting among youth organizations participatory approach in sharing best practices and effective strategies with the view to improve and enlarge young people civic engagement and political participation, avoiding any form of discrimination.
Elaboration and publication of one Guidelines/booklet on EU functioning, programmes and funding for small and grassroots organizations;
Implementation of one workshop – deeper knowledge of EU policy in the field of political strategies, values and governance in Romania;
Realisation of a Training on EU Funding Programmes to deepen the understanding of the workshop’s theoretical contents in Spain;
Implementation of an online tutoring with the learning-by-doing educational approach of the duration of 3 months;
Development of a simulation – R.U.R.A.L. Parliament in Italy.
20 grassroots organizations in Europe focused on youth engaged in EU policies and proposals;
20 organizations from 4 different countries informed and trained on EU instruments;
1 tool developed on EU programs, policies and initiatives focused on rural areas;
increased awareness and information among EU young citizens and youth organizations in 4 Countries;
improved capabilities and awareness of CSOs among EU about EU policies and proposals;
improved capabilities and awareness of CSOs among EU about EU instruments for sustainable development in rural areas;
augmented networking capabilities to build new projects in the field of rural development.